Banks and financial institutions in Nepal have been providing loans to buy lands and house. In fact, these banks provide home loans for 50 to 60 percent of your collateral valuation. The loan is available up to a maximum of 15 million rupees. Evidently, there are four types of financial institutions in Nepal. They are; Commercial Bank, Development Bank, Finance Company and Microfinance Company.
According to Nepal Rastra Bank, commercial, development and finance companies can provide home loans. However, microfinance companies cannot provide home loans. If you are considering applying for a home loan, it can become one of the biggest financial decisions you take in your lifetime. Hence, to make it easier for you, we have listed important documents that are needed for your home loan approval.
Documents Needed Along With the Loan Application
- Citizenship of the borrower.
- Passport size photo.
- Details of the source of income, including the borrower and the personal guarantor.
- Certificate of payment of annual income tax.
- Income source documents (salary, business audit report, and rent)
- Business registration certificate.
- Four strongholds of collateral for a loan from a bank.
- Documents paving the way for property.
- Details of the source of income, including the borrower, and the personal guarantor.
- Property Tax Receipt (Available at Ward Office)
- Blueprint of the land, trace.
- A building permit, if you have a home on a mortgaged property.
- Permanent map of the house and certificate of completion.
- If there are employees working in legally registered organizations, their documents of salary. In case of those earning through house rent: Certificate of redemption of rented house and rent agreement.
- In case of earning from foreign employment: Proof of passport with visa, salary document, bank statement of salary and document of remittance to Nepal from abroad.
- Other documents as per bank policy
Documents to be submitted by the guarantor
- Details of personal property and liabilities.
- Citizenship or passport.
- Proof of residence.
- Address and details of the place of work of the person holding bail.
- Tax payment certificate.
- Bank statement.
We hope you found this piece useful and informative. If you are about to sell, buy, or rent any real estate materials, you can always visit basobaas.com.